New Employer Frequently Asked Questions

What paperwork do I need to complete to become and employer?
To enroll in Fiscal Assistance’s Employer Agent program you should complete the New Employer Packet. The most up-to-date packet can be found on our website. The completed packet should be sent to Fiscal Assistance by either fax, email, or mail.
  Fax: 608.846-3412           Email:
  Mail: 124 W. Holum St. Deforest, WI 53532 Attn:  Enrollment

I have a (financial and/or healthcare) power of attorney. Who signs the new employer paperwork?
You, as the employer, not the power of attorney should sign the paperwork. An 'X' or hand over hand signature is acceptable. The IRS Forms SS4 and 2678 should only be signed by the employer or the court appointed guardian, not the power of attorney.

I have a court appointed guardian. Who signs the new employer paperwork? What documentation does FA need?
The court appointed guardian should sign the paperwork. FA and the IRS requires a copy of the final court guardianship paperwork be submitted with the new employer packet.